Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Malvern, AR
April 16, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

@A MySpondylitisTeam Member, I found this online for you. Blood can be tested for the HLA-B27 gene.

April 16, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Hi JonDo,
Thanks for the good info. My previous rheumatologist diagnosed me with AS without telling me. I found out by seeing it in my online chart. I'm not sure it's accurate that's why I wanted to know about the gene. I believe my new rheumatologist is a good one & when I see her next month I plan on talking to her about it. I like her because she actually talks with you about things. The previous one is a previous one for more than one reason of which she called me back on 2 separate occasions and couldn't remember who I was (after seeing me for over a yr.). Anyway, I have DDD, Bulging Disks and Spinal Stenosis so I'm not sure I have AS. I have been having ALOT more of lower back pain, sciatica and muscle pain in the last 3 months and most of the time I walk hunched over cuz I can't straighen my back . My rheumy has increased my gabapentin 4 pills to 6 of 300 mg a day and my pcp has increased my muscle relaxer from 500 mg to 750 mg 3 times daily plus changed my pain meds. The new pain med isn't great but it's a definite improvement over tramadol.
Hope you're having a good week. Take care.

April 19, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Thank you so much!

April 17, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

@A MySpondylitisTeam Member, your welcome, hope this helps you 😊

April 17, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alabama

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In