Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Does anyone use a back brace for their posture and pain?
I have been having such bad neck, upper back and shoulders.
I bought a cervical traction device that does seem to help. Although you have to use it on the floor which is not ideal when you’re already stiff.

I usually lay on the floor and tell my husband I’m just gonna stay right there. 🤣🤣🤣

January 28, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

If you have Medicare even good insurance it will cover knee replacement. It’s the only reason that can get off the floor. Before I could hardly get in and out of the car. I couldn’t walk down hill safely.

January 29, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I can't even get down on the floor! lol My knees hurt so bad when I kneel on anything - even my bed. I have thought about trying traction but I'm afraid I might get stuck and get myself into trouble.

January 29, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Traction is not good for us!!! Your bones are getting brittle and trying to fuse, and stay away from chiropractors. Stretching is your best bet. Slowly and regularly. I wish I had the answers to make it go away, all we can do is keep trying. So many days of constant pain and yet we go to doctor after doctor looking for answers they don't have. Have a good day.

January 29, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

My surgeon prescribed a back/posture brace. It helps. I wear about 30 minutes in the morning and evening. Anything that stretches is a no go because of rods, pins, cages.

January 28, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Get some cbd oil & I take bacclofin and extra strength Tylenol arthritis so I don't get too stiff & keep moving it helps too.

January 28, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Parkersburg, WV

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In