Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

I had injections in three of my joints yesterday and today am generally unwell. I slept horribly, have warmth and redness from my neck up and have an agonizing headache. I know that the headache and flushing can be common, but the normal meds (Celebrex and Tylenol) aren’t touching it. Any other suggestions to stave it off so I can function?

October 14, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I agree, when I have any reaction to an injection I'm in touch with my doctor or my nurse.

October 16, 2025
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I'll take a tramadol, but i just emailed my doctor because im experiencing terrible headaches with my new biologic.

November 2, 2025
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

@A MySpondylitisTeam Member. 3,( presumably steroid?), is a lot. Im surprised a dr would do that. Drink plenty of extra water. It should ease off in a couple days.

October 14, 2025
MySpondylitisTeam

While headaches and flushing can be common side effects of joint injections, it's important to monitor your symptoms carefully. Since you're experiencing warmth, redness, and an intense headache that isn't responding to your usual medications, it would be wise to contact your rheumatologist immediately to rule out any Show Full Answer

While headaches and flushing can be common side effects of joint injections, it's important to monitor your symptoms carefully. Since you're experiencing warmth, redness, and an intense headache that isn't responding to your usual medications, it would be wise to contact your rheumatologist immediately to rule out any potential allergic reactions.

Here are some immediate relief strategies you might try:
• Apply cool compresses to your neck and head area
• Rest in a quiet, dark room if possible
• Stay hydrated
• Try gentle neck stretches if comfortable IMPORTANT: If you develop any of these additional symptoms, seek emergency medical care immediately:
• Shortness of breath
• Itchy eyes
• Full-body rash
• Fever
• Chills

These could indicate a serious allergic reaction that requires immediate medical attention.

October 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
NH

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Illinois City, IL

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sandpoint, ID

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In