Hi Susie, I hope you are feeling less fatigue today. When that happens, I feel like someone has dumped yards of concrete on me and I am cemented to my bed. I started Rinvoq about 3 weeks ago and it is already helping so much. I've tried many other biologics and meds.
June 14, 2024
Debilitating fatigue is a common and challenging symptom for many people with ankylosing spondylitis (AS). It can significantly impact daily life and activities. Here are some key points about fatigue in AS:
- Inflammation: Uncontrolled disease activity releases inflammatory proteins called cytokines, which produce Show Full Answer
Debilitating fatigue is a common and challenging symptom for many people with ankylosing spondylitis (AS). It can significantly impact daily life and activities. Here are some key points about fatigue in AS:
- Inflammation: Uncontrolled disease activity releases inflammatory proteins called cytokines, which produce fatigue.
- Sleep Deprivation: Over 50% of people with AS have sleep disorders, worsening fatigue.
- Daily Impact: Fatigue can prevent individuals from performing daily tasks and maintaining social relationships.
Managing fatigue often requires a combination of medical treatment and lifestyle adjustments.
June 11, 2024
Cosentyx helps with fatigue.
June 11, 2024