Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 1, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Search for ANA blood tests. It measures inflammation and dna. It almost measures the possibility of autoimmune disease. And you do need a rheumatologist

November 2, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I understand but not lupus. Seems there are a lot of autoimmune diseases. Just wish I could talk to the rheumatologist.

November 1, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

@Pam- why does your doc say you don’t need a rheumatologist?

November 2, 2023 (edited)
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

@A MySpondylitisTeam Member, he believes with my back problems, and I have spondylitis,
I believe more blood testing needs to be done. See him today.
Thank you @A MySpondylitisTeam Member, for the explanation of ANA, I will google it.
Thank you for the hugs right back to you.
God bless both of you, 🕯️
@A MySpondylitisTeam Member

November 3, 2023 (edited)
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I have a positive ANA also but not sure how high. My doc said it is positive when people have Lupus and other autoimmune diseases but also positive in normal people.
Thankfully she doesn’t think I have Lupus.

Not sure if this helped but that is what happened to me.

November 1, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lexington, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In