Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Atlanta, GA

I have to sleep with a pillow between the knees and one behind my middle/low back for support as I sleep on my side.
I would love to find a back pillow that conformed to my back.

Do you use anything to improve your comfort to try to get a good nights sleep ?

June 2, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Morning! How about a "maternity" pillow? My daughter still uses hers. It's long enough to hug at your chest, be placed between your knees, and supported her back. Kind of reminds me of one of those large stuffed snakes you win at the carnivals! But, these are more comfortable.
Hugs, Wanda

June 2, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I do the same thing, I don't use anything special but the regular pillows really help.

June 2, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

You can also order a boyfriend pillow, it's a long pillow that you use to snuggle with but would work for this.

June 2, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

My lower back hurt before waking up. I sat up in bed for one hour. The pain stopped, so I fell asleep on my side or back. Over time I used mechanical vibrations, they can even put me to sleep. Kuznetsov's prickly carpet can also be used. It acts against pain and induces sleep. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bolívala mě před probuzením záda ve spodní části. Sedal jsem si v posteli na jednu hodinu. Bolest přestala, a tak jsem dospal na boku nebo zádech. Časem jsem používal mechanické vibrace, ty dovedou i uspat. Lze použít i Kuzněcovův pichlavý kobereček. Působí proti bolesti a uspává.

June 2, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

tamcolem, great idea. I believe Amazon sells many shaped pillows.
Best wishes to you.
God bless,
@A MySpondylitisTeam Member

June 3, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edinburgh, UK

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Llanelli, UK

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harrison Township, MI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In