Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
HULL, U.K

Leg cramps when in bed at night.

November 27, 2023
 · 
Reactions
Spondylosis vs. Spondylitis: Which Is More Severe? Read Article...
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I'm not sure what causes the calf cramps in bed but mine are all but gone since I started taking Magnesium Glycinate. I have also used the "put a bar of soap under your sheets at the end of the bed" cure. While it did help (unbelievably), it didn't actually fix anything. My doctors recommended 400 mg of Magnesium daily. I use the Glycinate formula as it is 95% absorbed into your system where the Oxide formula is only absorbed 3% into the system. It's helped me and several of my friends. I would warn that Magnesium interacts with other meds so I take them at least 2 hrs apart from other meds. Hope you find relief... Barbie Connie

November 27, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I hate those cramps omg they hurt sooo bad and when one cramp in one place seems like I may get comfort from it going away it just travels over to another place on my body sometimes for a hour straight I wake up the day sore can barely walk around and I feel exhausted

April 18, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I take 400 milligrams of Magnesium Glycinate everyday. I used to get leg cramps daily but not since taking Magnesium. You need to check if it will interact with other meds you take. It does with one of my meds so I have to take them at least 2 hours apart.
I used to put a bar of soap under my bottom sheet. Believe it or not, it did help but not as well as Magnesium for me.
I hope it helps. God bless you with less painful days.

April 24, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I also can't tolerate the pressure of sheets and blankets.

March 3, 2024
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Hello, I have leg cramps nightly as does my mom (we both have AS). I have a friend that mentioned the magnesium as well. I tried some last night but I think the glycinate is probably key. I place a pillow at the end of the bed to try to keep the weight of the blankets off.

November 28, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Robbins, NC

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Robbins, NC

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Childersburg, AL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In