Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySpondylitisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 3, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members expressed cautious curiosity about SI joint surgery for hip and back pain relief, with several noting they had not yet found anyone in... Read more

Members expressed cautious curiosity about SI joint surgery for hip and back pain relief, with several noting they had not yet found anyone in the community who had undergone the procedure despite hearing generally positive things from their doctors. Many members shared concerns about recovery logistics, particularly for those living alone, as well as fears about potential complications, hardware failure, and reduced mobility that can accompany any spinal surgery. A recurring theme was the preference to have the procedure performed only by a trusted neurosurgeon rather than a pain specialist, alongside frustration over limited pain management options due to the opioid crackdown and a longing to hear real patient experiences before making such a significant decision.

A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Kimmie, let me know what you decide to do. I am glad you are seeing a neurosurgeon. That is the only Dr. I would allow to do this. Best of luck girl!

October 18, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

My neurosurgeon is checking to see if I can get it done there's actually 2 kinds sounds like several people are talking about the mini.. from what I was informed they are rarely done...my neurosurgeon is concerned about the edema in my bones pushing out the hardware...guess I'll be hearing about what they decide on my next visit

October 16, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

Yes my pain specialist said the same. Ok one of you have it done and let me know about recovery lol. 😁 My son who’s a family practice MD said no, it’s still a back sx. But he doesn’t live with this pain all the time.

August 5, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member

I agree Susan. My pain clinic MD wants to do mine but I’m not comfortable with anyone but a neurosurgeon touching my neck or spine.

October 19, 2023
A MySpondylitisTeam Member
October 18, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Parkersburg, WV

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Spring Hill, FL

A MySpondylitisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rusk, TX